General Summary: Responsible for carrying out the daily duties of a Marine Mechanic, including but not limited to the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of marine diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, drive train and related electrical equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform related duties assigned or as the situation dictates.
• Perform all seasonal preventative maintenance (i.e. oil changes, replace belts and hoses, winterize engines, etc.).
• Evaluate and repair faulty mechanical systems.
• Troubleshoot 12/24 Volt DC systems and generators.
• Maintain updated knowledge of product and industry trends and methods.
• Maintain accurate records, both paper and electronic, related to billing, work orders and hours worked.
• Continually strive to meet Front Street Shipyard’s standard of customer service.
• Maintain awareness of and continually practice safe work habits.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Maintain cleanliness on projects both during and after job completion.
• Work overtime when needed.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to comprehend and utilize technical service manuals and use them to facilitate repair and maintenance
• Unlimited or unimpaired ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb and work safely around water on a ladder or in confined spaces
• Be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Capacity to work as a member of a team or by oneself to achieve desired results
• Be able to safely operate a variety of stationary or portable hand and power tools
• Understand basic AC/DC circuitry
• Ability to read, write and comprehend work orders